Microsoft has announced that Windows 11 will be released on Oct 5, 2021. After that, you can upgrade to Windows 11 if your PC is eligible for the same. In this blog, we will discuss the system requirements for installing windows 11 and its most important features.
System Requirements for installation of Windows 11
To install Windows 11, your PC should at least have 4GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage. Further, your computer should have a 64 bit processor with at least 2 cores of 1 gigahertz or faster capacity, UEFI secure boot and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0.
Windows 11 also requires a display size greater than 9 inch and graphics cards that are compatible with DirectX 12 and WDDM 2.x.
While installation, you will also require an internet connection to set up windows 11 on your PC.
Features of Windows 11
Microsoft has launched Windows 11 with various improvements from its existing operating systems The main features of the Windows 11 operating system are as follows.
Recommended Training – Treehouse
Although this site recommends various training services, our top recommendation is Treehouse.
Treehouse is an online training service that teaches web design, web development and app development with videos, quizzes and interactive coding exercises.
Treehouse's mission is to bring technology education to those who can't get it, and is committed to helping its students find jobs. If you're looking to turn coding into your career, you should consider Treehouse.
- Windows 11 promises to raise the baseline of the security in PCs by improving the security default configuration to handle cyber attacks. The security features have been designed according to the requirements of various security experts from UK National Cyber Security Center and Canadian Centre for Cyber Security.
- The start button in windows 11 has been designed to utilize the power of cloud and Microsoft 365 to show you the recently accessed files on any device. This helps you to access your content very easily.
- The taskbar has integrated Chat (Microsoft Teams). This will help you to connect to your loved ones in a seamless manner.
- For multitasking, Windows 11 provides you with Snap Layouts and Snap Groups. This will help organize your screen in a better manner.
- Windows 11 promises to deliver the best gaming experience with technologies like DirectX12 Ultimate, DirectStorage and Auto HDR. You can also buy an Xbox game pass for PC to get access to more than 100 high quality PC games to play on your windows 11 computer.
- Windows 11 will have a new Microsoft store. It has been built with a new design making it easier to search and discover apps, games, movies and shows. In collaboration with Amazon and Intel, Microsoft has also included support for android apps on windows 11. Windows 11 will allow more developers and independent software vendors to bring their apps to the Microsoft store.
- The trusted platform module requirement has been enabled in Windows 11. It enables it to be a passwordless operating system and hence reduces the chances of password based attacks and phishing attacks.
- Windows 11 supports virtualization based security. It enables various security capabilities such as hypervisor protected code integrity (HVCI). It disables dynamic code injection into the windows kernel and provides driver control to make sure that all the device drivers meet certain policy requirements.
- Windows 11 has UEFI secure boot requirement. It will ensure that the system will boot only with the codes signed by either the device builder, or the silicon builder or Microsoft itself.
- Windows 11 also has improved accessibility functionalities for people with disabilities that makes it the most inclusively designed version of Windows.
- Artificial intelligence enabled personalized feed named Widgets has been designed to provide a faster access to the information that you have interest in. It has been optimized for speed, efficiency and improved experiences.
Windows 11 has been designed with great features that will make your experience very smooth. Although Microsoft has increased the minimum system requirements, It’s in good cause as sophisticated softwares need ample amount of resources to work smoothly. If your PC is eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 11, you can upgrade it to enjoy the new features. To read more about computers and programming, you can read this article on how to learn python. You can also visit the blog that discusses how you can learn to code.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.